In the robotized AI-powered world you win a lottery to be a human border agent, checking the robots. This game is a beautiful example of turning routine into a funny puzzle.
Nice sequel to legendary and one of the first top post-apocalyptic shooters in VR game industry
- Great visual style and fantastic environments
- Great cinematic scenes and story narration
- New climbing mechanics and interactions
- Wide range of weapons, melee combat
- Strong story line, life monologues and humor
- Amazing co-op is still here (including cross-platform support)
- Frequent crashes and bugs
- Controls behavior is not stable good, after HL Alyx's perfection doesn't look okay today for such class of game
- Lack of really impressive innovative elements if you compare with prequel
Summary and conclusion:
A nice, but technically not perfect AAA game from legendary studio. It's predecessor was a phenomenal game for it's time and you expect more or less the same from the sequel. It features new mechanics and companion, but nothing innovative and special. Our verdict: Buy on sale or wait for patch.